- Attachment insecurity
- Child behavior/defiance
- Eating and body image
- Grief and loss
- Marital conflict
- Postpartum anxiety and depression
- Weight loss
- Assertiveness and confidence
- Communication skills
- Conflict management
- Emotional intelligence
- Interpersonal skills
- MA, Counseling
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Training, Chicago/Carolina Center for EFT
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training, Beck Institute
- Gottman Level 1
- PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator
- Adjunct Professor of Marriage & Family Counseling, Cincinnati Christian University
Life presents us with an unlimited supply of challenges…sometimes all at once. We may not be able to control what life deals us but there are a few things that help us make it through those challenges more resilient, and more connected to the ones we love. As a couples and marriage counselor, my role in that journey is to provide a positive and compassionate environment for insight and growth—wherever that takes us. I’m not afraid of powerful emotion, in fact, it’s an opening to understand what is holding a person back from experiencing acceptance, hope and a clear plan forward.
A vision is like a dream—it will disappear unless we do something with it. Do something big or do something small. But stop wondering and go on an adventure. -Simon Sinek
Studies show that we can’t live without human connection—our attachment needs are that powerful! My background in Emotionally Focused Therapy helps us to make sense of your experience in the context of your most important relationships. That helps us to work toward insight and change that brings out the best in you and the people you love.
I don’t often have openings to work with new clients. If you think I’d be a good fit for you, please reach out to me and my team at ThrivePointe! We take time to listen to your needs and give feedback about the care options that would be most beneficial to each person.
My Suggested Must-Reads
These are the books that have made mark in how I think and live. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Sue Johnson
- Love Sense: The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships by Sue Johnson
- Attachment Connection, Parenting a Secure and Confident Child Using the Science of Attachment Theory by Ruth P. Newton
- The Whole Brain Child by Daniel Siegel and Tina Bryson
- The Everyday Parenting Toolkit by Alan E. Kazdin
- Crucial Conversations by Kerry Patterson and Joseph Grenny
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves
Why I started ThrivePointe
If you told me a few years ago I’d be a co-owner of a cutting-edge counseling business, I’d tell you you’re crazy! But when you get the opportunity to team up with great people to change the world, you say yes. Therapy gives us an opportunity to learn, grow and become the best version of ourselves…that’s something to be proud of! ThrivePointe is about creating that experience for clients: being informed, getting results, feeling connected, and seeing that your life is better for it. You can trust that your therapist is a part of a team that is inspiring each other, challenged to grow and ready to do what it takes to help get you where you want to be.
Enter at the Lobby Entrance of the Offices at Liberty Center and take the elevator up to the third floor. The office is on the left (follow signs for ThrivePointe). When you arrive, check in at the iPad, and grab a beverage while you wait for your therapist.
Free parking is available in the Warehouse Row Garage (behind Cobb Theater) and the surface lots behind the Offices at Liberty Center, which is off of Haskell St. Metered parking is available throughout the property. These meters have a 90-minute limit, and accept coins and credit cards.